MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL EXPANDS MOBILE APP SERVICES TO GOOGLE’S ANDROID & RIM’S BERRY OPERATING SYSTEMS
Twelve Free Las Vegas Resort & Entertainment Apps Now Available on Additional Smartphones
LAS VEGAS,-- MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) (www.mgmresorts.com) recently launched 12 free applications on Google's Android and is set to launch them on Research In Motion's BlackBerry OS in March. Previously only available on iTunes, the expansion into additional operating systems allows MGM Resorts International to deliver new ways to explore its Las Vegas hotels and attractions for a broader customer base.
"We've created a dynamic new way to engage our guests with a convenient information and reservation system and the response on iTunes so far has been incredible with more than 200,000 downloads," said Scott Voeller, Vice President of Brand Strategy and Advertising for MGM Resorts. "The overwhelming popularity of Smartphones initially motivated us to create the apps for iPhones, but the opportunity to reach more guests with exclusive offers and content and also receive their direct feedback encouraged us to expand to Android and BlackBerry users." Feature-rich resort applications for ARIA, Bellagio, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, The Mirage, Monte Carlo, New York-New York, Luxor, Excalibur, and Circus Circus in Las Vegas and Beau Rivage in Biloxi, Mississippi deliver some of the world's most immersive interactive resort experiences currently available. In addition to the resort apps, MGM Resorts and MacroView Labs developed "Entertainment of Las Vegas," an app expressly designed to deliver video previews, show times, event calendars, directions and the ability to purchase tickets to all of MGM Resorts' Las Vegas entertainment and attractions.
RESORT APPS: ARIA, Bellagio, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, The Mirage, Monte Carlo, New York-New York, Luxor, Excalibur, Circus Circus and Beau Rivage
Developed by MacroView Labs
Key Features: Using your resort app, you can access photos, videos and information to help you decide what to do during your Las Vegas adventure, and book it all with one-touch functionality.
• Preview videos of shows, grab last-minute tickets, even check seating charts
• Bookmark your favorite activities to create itineraries for your trip
• Use GPS maps and indoor casino maps to quickly get you where you want to go
• Order room service, browse restaurant menus and make reservations from anywhere
• Review rules for casino games or join the M life Players Club
• Email any page or offer to a friend
• Enjoy targeted content and deals based on your location
• Check local weather
• Preview and reserve rooms at the hotels
• For special events, work with your host property to load passcode-protected content viewable only to your attendees, including program schedules, party photos and more
• Preview event space
• Check out the clubs, bars and nightlife
• Rate any of the featured services at the resort
• See information in French, German, Italian, Japanese or Spanish
• View the resort's live Twitter feed for deals, special events and more
ENTERTAINMENT OF LAS VEGAS
Developed by MacroView Labs and MGM Resorts International
Key Features: Explore shows, nightclubs and attractions at Bellagio, ARIA Resort & Casino, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, Monte Carlo, New York-New York, Excalibur, Circus Circus, Luxor and The Mirage.
• Enjoy location-specific content that changes depending on where you are
• Find top stand-up comedy acts, Cirque du Soleil shows, the Lion Habitat, the Shark Reef Aquarium, and all the best activities and shows right here
• Access overhead custom GPS maps of The Strip and get exact directions to where you want to go
• Use the embedded smart-search bar to find content by keyword
• Bookmark any page to create your own entertainment favorites
• Let your voice be heard – comment about your trip or rate any of the featured services
• Check out the live entertainment Twitter feed right from the app or send any page in the app to a friend